Saturday 26 March 2011

Animators...

Before getting into this project, I thought it would a good idea to look at some existing animations, and the different methods that can be used to create them!

I am putting this one up first as I just LOVE it. A friend had posted this video on facebook, and I have not forgotten about it!


This animation, obviously, is done with graffiti on a wall, was made by a group of artists who call themselves 'Blu'. I think one of the reason why I love this so much is that it's done with the real and natural walls and buildings in the world, but then combined with the hand drawn graffiti and the white trail of paint that is left behind! Slightly like a snail rail, but a trail showing where the animation have evolved from.


This is a clip from Disney's 'The Princess and the Frog', which has been made with the traditional hand drawn aesthetics... 


This is a clip from Disney Pixar's new film, 'Tangled'. Although it looks extremely similar, this one is however created using Computer Graphics rendering. Can YOU tell the difference?

Although I am definitely not going to use this method of animation for my own, I wanted to be able to compare the other different techniques to this one.

This is another stop motion that my dad showed me once...


Not only is this a lovely song.. its such a lovely animation that accompanies it perfectly! I think this is a good example of making an animation along to music.. As I feel like this is what the creator of this thought about while listening to the song maybe?

Another way of creating an animation if a flip book! This is something I have tried out before and been reasonably successful, but looking on youtube I found a few that were way more impressive, including this one:


I love this as its so rough and raw, hand drawn images on what looks like a notebook. I'd like to think this is something someone did during class or something! Although it's quite long so would of used up a lot of pages! Thankfully we're only doing 30 seconds! I definitely want to try something like this out, as I really interested in using hand drawn image for my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment