Friday 25 March 2011

...START DATE 21/03/11.




THE BRIEF. To communicate a piece of music into an animated series of images.


We have been allocated a piece of music, to create an animation in response to our emotional reaction.

This is the music that I have been assigned ...

 
[ignore the picture on the vid]

Before even seeing the name of this track, straight away you can here the 'tribal' feel to it. The first thing it makes me think of is AFRICA. Mainly an African tribe, dancing and celebrating, lots of drums and shouting..

... I wonder what they're saying.

Words that come to mind:  

HAPPY
PRAISING
PARTY?
RHYTHM 
DRUMS
BEAT


In my sketchbook, I started by making a spider diagram of things that this song made me think of...

Also the brief asks for 3 words that come to mind while listening to the track: 



Then I decided to look at some images online of tribe people.. 




Although I want to stay away from simple tribe connections, as I feel it's a bit too simple and BLATANT, do want to try and sneak little aspects in.. but maybe with a twist.. I love these images as they show these tribe people in all their glory! They also show some of the things we may find strange, but they see as a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment