Tuesday 29 March 2011

RAYOGRAMS...

We also had a Rayogram workshop in the photography dark room. This is basically using the light in the enlarger machines in the dark room, to expose actual objects that have been placed on top of the photographic light sensitive paper. We were told to bring some objects in that we wanted to photograph...


This was the random assortment that I took with me! I thought the necklaces and the headphones would look really good photographed in this method..


... and I was right. This was my first TEST STRIP. I covered over most of the paper firstly, and using 5 seconds each time I moved it down a little more. So the lightest part only had 5 seconds of exposure, and the next bit has 10, next 15 and so on so forth. Towards the end you can't really see a clear line, but I think it looks good around 20 seconds ish... (not sure why there is a white line through it though.. )


This one had an exposure of 20 seconds, and I think that was just about right! I really like how the little flower type shapes look a lot like an x-ray! They have a sort of glow around them, and you can see the little details in them if you look closely. I also like how bold and crisp white the beads of the chain have shown up.


THE ARMY MEN. To be honest I knew these would look great!! I found it quite surprising how much detail seems to show up in these images. I love how clear the outline of these little men are!

At this point, Laura shouted 'WE'VE ONLY GOT 5 MINUTES LEFT!' and I wanted moooore!!


I went for the hole sheet, and thought I'd mix it up a little and use a few of my objects. I think maybe I should of made it a bit busier and maybe overlapped some stuff? I like how the contrast is so bold, although I didn't get time to play about using the filters to change the contrast..

I definitely want to do some more of this!! Even if it's just for fun and not my animation!

No comments:

Post a Comment