Monday 2 May 2011

Bongos... attempt 1

I thought I would do a little experiment of my actual animation, as I think I will start off with the bongos, I tried it out. To make sure I managed to get them in proportion, as it's hard when drawing bit by bit with no outline or anything, I used tracing paper for this one. I drew them out on a white sheet of paper first, and masking taped it at one end, and then did the same with the tracing paper on top, but at the other end.
This way I can have the paper underneath the tracing as I draw each bit, and then just flip it out from underneath to take the photo. It was slightly tedious but I think it worked quite well.


I really love this, but they do seem to keep coming out a bit blurred at the end, and they just look quite bad. I think that if I managed to do it all using After Effects then it would look a lot more neat, bold and professional.

For this one, I took 125 photographs all together, and used the frame rate of 14.

I need to get help with using After Effects to create the illusion of the lines being drawn, as when I tried with referring to the work shop and my notes, I think I  missed something out as it does not work. GET HELP.

No comments:

Post a Comment