Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Illusion of Appearing.

In a previous workshop, we were shown a way to make it look like the line was appearing or being drawn. I thought I would have a go with one of my drawing to see if  I could do it that way. 


Firstly I opened up the image I wanted to try and 'draw'.


Then opened a new layer on top, giving it a colour so that I could see it easily.


Then I changed the opacity of the new layer, so that I could see the lines of the image underneath.


Then using the Pen tool, I followed the line underneath, drawing onto the new layer/


Then Effect > Generate > Stroke to open up a new menu so I can edit the size of the stroke, and where is starts and ends...


I was following the instructions that I had blogged previously, as I knew I would want to try this out.



HOWEVER it turns out that I  must of missed something MAJOR, as after I had done everything I thought I needed to, for some reason... it wouldn't work.

I'm not sure what I did wrong.. or what I missed out.. But I could not work it out so at this point, I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment