Friday 8 April 2011

After Affects Workshops..

We have now had two After Affects workshops. The first one we were just shown how to import images ect and put them in the sequence for an animation. We were also shown how to import music into it and some other basics.

In the second workshop we were showed how to edit and adjust images ect while in After Affects. Johnny got us to open and image of a paper star/flower type shape, and in Photoshop first we cut out around it, and also around a smaller shape from the middle of the star, so we had two similar shapes, but different sizes.

Then we imported those images into After Affects, and he showed us how to animate the shape so that it moves from the middle off the side. He also showed us how to make it spin, and then how to 'attach' the smaller shape to the bigger one, something called 'parenting'. Basically the big shape is the parent, and the small shape is the child, when they are linked, the small shape will follow the movement of the bigger shape.

I think I understand the basics of After Affects now, although I find it a bit hard to follow when the tutor is going through things quite fast to a whole group, I prefer to learn while doing, by myself or with one person to help me.. So I think with the basics I will be ok using After Affects to compile my animation.


This is my 'test' from today's workshop. It's actually all over within a second, and looks like it is nothing really, it does show that I learned how to make the shape move off the page and also change in size slightly. The rest however I must not of had selected while saving, as it is not showing the other sequence of images that I put on after the shape disappears off the side. OOOPS.

I do feel more confident with After Affects after these workshops, as before them I had never used it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment