Monday 11 April 2011

LIGHT!

I recently found this image of the light from the fire making a line..


Then I thought, WOW what would it be like if I made the lines in my animation out of light? I could draw out the lines and get someone else to take photos of it with a slow exposure so the hole drawing would come out? Or take the photos myself and get someone else to draw it out for me. I think I'd prefer to draw it myself actually though.

I thought I would look on YouTube for examples of people doing this already, and I found this amazing one!

 

Skip forward to about 1minute in, that's when the light drawing starts! This a major massive one, with lots of people involved and a lot of time has gone into it! I LOVE IT. If I did one of course it would be on a major down scale from this! I do want to try it out. I will.

I also found this one, which is extremely short, and as it's named, it was just a test that someone else has done and loaded up onto YouTube..


..However this is a perfect example of what it would like for what I want.. As it even has the light in a line like my idea for my animation, I would just carry the line on and
do the drawings of my drums too. This may not work very well though, as how would I
get the 'tween' photos of it developing? Discuss with someone.


This one is an example of someone making text out of the light. This is a good one as you can not see the person drawings drawing it, all you see is the line of light creating the letters. I wonder how they did this?

I also just found this!! This is an example of light streaks that have been created in After Affects, also from YouTube. But now I know that maybe I could just use my pen drawings and then create the light in After Affects rather than trying to actually draw out in light?


I need to find out how to do this, talk to a tutor maybe and try it out! It could look AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment