Tuesday 5 April 2011

Hands in Action..

I thought the images of drums are good, but these drums in my track are difinitely being played, so I also took some photos of my Dad playing the drums, to get some reference for hand positions while drumming ect..

I thought it was also interesting to look at the body language and positions while the drummer is drumming, so I got a few shots with the hole of the body in too.







 The photos above are good because I have managed to get a range of different hand positions on the same drum. This shows how different you can you move your hands, but you still know that the person is playing a drum.


The Bongos are soo good, I love this image, I can't wait to start drawing from them!




I really love the Bongos, and these close up images are brilliant. I've got varied hand movements and different angles.. enough to get some GOOD drawings I think!


I've put this one up too, even though a lot of people do not realise this is a drum as well, as it does not appear the same as most traditional drums , being a completely different shape. I think I will stick to the iconic shape of drums to keep it clear for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment