Monday 11 April 2011

Light Photos!

After trailing around town looking in lots of shops trying to find sparklers.. I finally found an odd little shop, that had letter sparklers.. like so:


I wasn't sure at first, but I thought as I couldn't find anything else I should at least try it! So I did, and this is how they turned out!




This one is an attempt at drawing out Bongos..  Can you tell?




This last one is also meant to be a drum.. ! I think I needed to be in a more open space, but at the time it was very windy! So I needed shelter, and also the sparklers weren't that great. One of them went out within seconds and was really hard to try and light again. I struggled to light them in the first place, so relighting them seemed like a lost cause.

I think if I was in a more open space and if I drew them a lot bigger it would be a lot better and also clearer. I might try this again, and hope its less windy. Also as they are letters and they're quite small, they do finish quickly, so I would need a lot more.

Also.. I had a thought while struggling to light the sparklers.. A TORCH. Surely a torch would work in the same way, and maybe even the line would be clearer and I could do it neater? Question is.. do I have a torch? ... Definitely something worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment