Saturday 9 April 2011

My Own Stop Motion Attempt...

Last night I decided I wanted to try out making my own stop motion animation, using the Playmobil people that I had used in my previous rayograms. As this was my first attempt on my on, I thought I would keep it simple and short. The story line is the same, the boy gives the girl a flower. I took about 40 photos for this 2 and a half second animation.


I quite like this even though it is SUPER short. :)
I also had a tiny bit of trouble with getting my camera to focus on the figures not the background, so it was hard to keep the camera in EXACTLY the same position, as I had to shift it slightly to get it to take the photo at all! Although I do kinda like the slightly jumpiness of it. It could of bin a lot worse!
Maybe doing a stop motion would be better than a cel animation? Taking photos is quicker than drawing out each frame...

No comments:

Post a Comment